Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's my birthday, and I'm getting drunk.

When it's time to party we will party hard!

Well, hello.

Often, when a man enters his fourth decade, he pauses to reflect on his life. Perhaps I'll do that one day soon, but tonight, on the recommendation of Mr. Mike, I'm getting drunk.

My last few days have been downright blissful. See, I took the week off, not to go on some silly vacation, but simply to sit around and do nothing, something I just don't have time for when I'm working every day. Since leaving work last Friday, the bulk of my time has been spent sleeping. I'm like Sunny von Bulow without the allegedly murderous husband. My brief periods of consciousness have been filled with movies, video games, and the occasional sandwich. Naturally, my shower-frequency has plummeted. The best part of all of this is that I've only just now hit the 40% mark of my time off. However, the rest of the week should be slightly more active, as I have a softball game tomorrow, then Tooter arrives on Thursday, then the rents on Saturday.

At this point, it would be awkward to not address where I've been since my last post, more than a year and a half ago. Well, I moved to Massachusetts. There, now you're all up to speed.

Until I blog again, dear reader (and this should occur more frequently now, as I am unfettered)... godspeed.

No comments: