Monday, July 07, 2008

My brother, the... actually, I'm not sure what he is.

My little brother Todd came up from New York on Thursday to hang out for a few days. It was the usual movies and video games for a while, but after going out for a run on Friday, he returned to my apartment with tears in his eyes. It seems he was attacked by what he referred to as "an enormous, ill-tempered monster insect". My interpretation: your average mosquito. Now, the area swelled a bit, but he was fine - I told him to take some Benadryl and shut up.

My parents came up on Saturday for my slightly belated birthday celebration, but after seeing my brother's arm (and the tears welling up in his eyes once again), Mom demanded an emergency room visit. So, instead of presents and cake, we had two hours of sitting in Newton-Wellesley hospital. The end result of this needless excursion: a recommendation to shut up and take some Benadryl (this time from an actual MD).

Hooray for medicine!

3 comments:

Todd said...

i did not cry!!!

Traci Reid said...

One post a month does not a blog make.

Todd said...

might i add that the bill just came today and its almost $2k and thats not including doctor fees...Hooray for insurance!!!