Monday, November 06, 2006

Q: Where are my socks? A: Beck rocked them right off.

Having been away last weekend, I was glad to find roomie had recorded Saturday Night Live on the DVR. While rarely impressed with the show these days, I still like to catch it, if only to honor the place it held in my adolescence.

Beck performed this as his second song of the night, and I've been compelled to share it since:



The whole Thanksgiving-dinner-as-percussion thing - wildly creative. And as if that wasn't enough, the entire routine is mimicked with marionettes. Seriously, Beck? You're crazy.

To all future performers on shows where you get to do one or two songs: Come up with something bizarre and commit to it completely. I will be impressed.

(UPDATE: I guess this video got removed, and I can't find it elsewhere, but, trust me, it was neat.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to Sea Change you monkey's uncle.

Sarah Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Red said...

thanks